My Favorite Go-To Recipe
Hubby and I had some friends over last night and as usual the event revolved around good food, good drinks, and laughter. We have a great group of friends and everyone was kind enough to bring something to share which made hosting that much easier.
One of the first items to go out when everyone arrived was my favorite go-to appetizer that is a crowd pleaser for sure! The first time I had the dip was at a 1st birthday party years ago. I went back for seconds and had to ask the grandmother, who made it, for the recipe. She was quick to share the recipe but was shy about telling me the name due to its profane name. I, on the other hand, enjoy seeing the shock on people’s face when I tell them it’s called Bitch Dip.
Since making Bitch dip my go-to recipe, I am often asked to share it and laugh a little bit due to the name and simplicity of the dish. I do hesitate to share, as I don’t want others to know how easy it is because then I may not get away with it being my potluck go-to contribution;)
Why have a go-to recipe?
Because everyone needs a delicious recipe that is simple to make and includes simple ingredients. A go-to recipe is even better when it can be done last minute and without much thought. The ingredients for this recipe can always be found in my house so I can quickly and easily make it without a run to the store. The best thing about this recipe is it is overall pretty healthy unless you are like me and proceed to eat it with an entire bag of tortilla chips. Bonus – It also works great as a snack or side dish.
What is your favorite go-to recipe?
I would love you to share it in the comment section below!
It’s as simple as this…
- 1 can White shoepeg corn
- 1 can Black beans
- 4 ounces Feta cheese (add more or less depending on your preference)
- sliced Green onions (optional)
- 1/3 cup Canola oil
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder to taste
- Drain and rinse the corn and black beans.
- Add corn, beans, feta, and onions to the bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients to make the dressing and add to dip.
- Drain the dip from the dressing before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- It is best when the dip has time to chill in the fridge before serving.
- It also works great as a snack or side dish.
- I prefer less sugar so I usually only use 2 Tablespoons but 4 Tablespoons is what is recommended.
- You can add more or less dressing depending on your preference. The original recipe called for more oil and vinegar but I prefer less. Just make sure to have equal amounts of oil and vinegar and you should be fine! Add the spices and sugar to taste!